August 6, 2008

...The Sarah Silverman Program, Season One (2006)

Although Sarah Silverman in a stand-up comedy setting is brilliant, The Sarah Silverman Program (Season One anyway), her faux-reality show, is less so; maybe it's lacking in the truth that the foxy Jew usually skewers with abandon. I found her sister Laura, an actress I remembered from Lisa Kudrow's The Comeback, a lot more interesting as the six shows dragged on. It's strictly for fans of either of the Silverman gals, TAB drinkers and poop joke lovers.

2 comments:

hank jones said...

her standup is terrible, this show is finally her getting it right and being hilarious (or at least everybody else on the show except her), i am baffled as to how you could possibly see this the other way. thats like someone loving martin lawrence's movies and hating his stand up

A Man and A Mouse said...

I will say this about that, hank. Season 2 did get a better. The episode where they ran May Kadoody for Mayor was classic. I still love her stand-up. (Jesus is Magic is phenomenal and I saw Sarah recently in Berkeley where she did new material from a pad and killed it.) I did take your comments and my experience into consideration and increased my rating to 2 stars though.

Who's Martin Lawrence?